Whether you are leaving the Kitsap Mall or cruising through Old Town Silverdale, you are at risk for a car accident no matter what you do. That is because, no matter how safely you drive, a careless motorist can hit and injure you. And you are left to deal with the aftermath of your accident.
If the other driver was at fault for the crash, however, you may have a legal option that could help you recover compensation for your injuries and every other way this accident has harmed you. Washington state law allows those who have been injured because of someone else’s negligence to file a personal injury lawsuit.
Filing such a claim for compensation is often the only way for auto accident victims to recover compensation. But it comes with significant challenges. To learn more about car accidents in Silverdale and how you can recover compensation, see below and contact the car accident lawyers at Ryan, Montgomery & Armstrong, Inc., P.S.
Washington State Car Accident Statistics
After a serious auto accident, it helps to know you are not alone. And in Washington, that is certainly true. According to data from the Washington State Department of Transportation, a vehicle collision occurred every 4.5 minutes in 2015 (the most recent year for which data was available). And a person was hurt in an accident every 11 minutes.
That adds up to 117,053 total collisions and 49,505 injuries from car accidents in Washington in a single year.
Zoom in on Kitsap County, and you see that 3,263 of Washington’s total collisions happened here. Sixteen of those crashes were fatal, and 49 produced serious injuries.
As you can see, being the victim of a car accident in Washington state or even in Silverdale puts you in the company of hundreds or thousands of others.
Types of Car Accidents
The type of car accident you were involved in can affect the direction your lawsuit will take. For example, a rear-end accident will almost always implicate the rear driver for the crash, but the fault in a multi-car accident might be a little less clear.
The following are some common types of car accidents in Silverdale and the injuries they can cause:
- Head-on collisions. A head-on crash occurs when another driver hits you straight on. The high speeds and heavy impacts of these crashes often result in brain injuries and facial injuries.
- Rear-end accidents. Even a low-speed rear-end accident can cause whiplash to the front driver. This serious spine and neck injury can cause intense pain and have long-lasting effects.
- T-bone crashes. When another driver slams into the side of your vehicle (creating a T shape with the two cars), you have been involved in a T-bone crash. This type of accident is known for causing broken bones that can take months or years to fully heal.
- Sideswipe accidents. A sideswipe occurs when another driver going the same direction as you hits the side of your car. This can cause you to swerve or even flip your car. A severe sideswipe accident that results in a rollover can cause severe spinal injuries like paralysis.
Recovering Compensation for an Auto Accident
Under Washington state law, if the other driver was negligent and caused your accident, you can pursue compensation from them. You will have to prove that the driver was at fault and avoid dishonest tactics by the insurance company and the driver’s lawyers.
For instance, the other side may try to say you caused the accident. This is an effort to reduce their obligation to pay you. If you are found to hold some of the blame, your compensation could be reduced by a corresponding percentage. This is the result of Washington’s comparative fault laws. Fortunately, an experienced attorney can help you ensure that the true story of your car accident is told and supported by the evidence.
If your claim for compensation is successful, you may be able to recover compensation for the following car accident damages:
- Damage to your vehicle
- Medical bills
- Lost income while you recover
- Lost income in the future due to disability
- Emotional trauma
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Reduced quality of life
Contact a Trusted Car Accident Lawyer
To recover compensation after a car accident in Silverdale, Washington, you need a deep understanding of Washington’s car accident laws, the ability and time to gather all available evidence, the negotiation skills to secure a fair settlement, and the litigation skills to fight in court.
At Ryan, Montgomery & Armstrong, Inc., P.S., we understand that most people do not have those skills and qualifications. But we do. And our Silverdale car accident lawyers put them to work for countless car accident victims each year. To get help with your case, reach out to Ryan, Montgomery & Armstrong, Inc., P.S., at 360-307-8860 or contact us online today.